Wednesday 25 July 2018

Android Apps - Really useful ones

Two Apps that make your Android phone or tablet much easier to use.



(Click on the images to enlarge)

The first of these is 'Calendar Companion'. I started using this when I first moved from a Nokia E? - I cant even remember the model, anyway that old Nokia had a feature in its calendar whereby I could search many years back and forth just by typing in a name or part of the address, all appointments I had relating the search term would be listed. Once I moved to Android (had an iPhone for a while) I could not find the same function, I missed it. So after a search I found this and I have been using it ever since I think I purchased the premium version as I have been so pleased with it and I am happy to support the developer. There are setting in the app to define your preferred search criteria.

The second app is a relative newcomer. Files Go by Google. If you ever wanted a good tool for clearing out all those caches and other stuff that's already been backed up to Google Drive then I guess this has to be it. No advertising and teasing you to buy yet another booster for your software that you don't need. Just search for these two in the Play Store on your device. 

No comments:

Yellow Boat Computers: Closed

 It has been quite a journey. Thank you to all who have engaged my services over the years, it's been a pleasure working with you. This ...